- Connecting Wd My Cloud To Mac
Connect Your Wd My Cloud To Mac
Carry out the steps to know how to connect Wd my cloud to Mac.
- Plug the WD My Cloud drive’s power adapter into a wall outlet.
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect it between the WD My Cloud drive and the LAN port of your wireless router.
- Wait until the LED on the drive turns blue.
- On your Mac computer/laptop, open the Safari web browser and access the Learning Center page of WD.
- Select the WD My Cloud drive and click the Download Setup Software button.
- After the download, click the Download icon at the upper-right corner of the Safari web browser.
- Select the downloaded WD setup file.
- Double-click the WD My Cloud Setup file to begin the installation.
- If you see any prompt dialog box on the screen, select the Open option.
- Minimize the Safari web browser as well as the Downloads window.
- When you see the installation wizard on the screen, click the Get Started option.
- Read and review the Western Digital End User License Agreement.
- Select the checkbox next to the ‘I accept the terms of the License Agreement’ option and click the Next button.
- Select the Next option in the Connect window.
- Click WDMyCloud -> Next.
- This will open the ‘Set up your personal cloud’ window on the screen.
- Enter your name in the First Name and Last Name fields.
- Provide a valid email address in the Email Address field.
- If needed, select the ‘Also register WD My Cloud with this information’ option and click Next twice.
- Once you see the ‘Congratulations! Your WD My Cloud is set up’ message, click Finish.
- Now, the Install WD My Cloud wizard will start.
- Click the Continue option to proceed.
- Click Continue -> Agree.
- Select the ‘Install for all users of this computer’ option and click Continue -> Install.
- Enter the Mac administrator password in the Password field and click Install Software.
- Wait until you see the ‘Installation was successful’ message.
- Click the Close button.
- When the WD My Cloud wizard opens, select the WD My Cloud drive and sign in to your account.
- Click Start in the Getting Started window.
- You can now access the WD My Cloud drive from Mac.
- Finally, know how to connect Wd my cloud to Mac.