Western Digital Discovery
WD Discovery App is a manufacturer of hard disk drives and external storage devices such as MY Passport, My Cloud, Seagate 6TB IronWolf Pro v11, WD Black 6TB, WD Blue 1 TB, etc.WD external drives are connected using a standard USB cable. The WD hard disk drives are connected using the USB 3.0(connection type is USB 3.0 to Micro B) cable. The USB 3.0 cable is 18 inches in length and comes in both black and white colors. It is compatible with My Passport Essential, My Passport Slim, My Passport Ultra, and many more WD products. USB 3.0 interface supports data transfer rates up to 5 GB per second. Using a USB 2.0 interface, you will receive the data at a port speed of up to 480 MB per second.
- The WD Discovery is an application from Western Digital that helps in managing your connected WD devices like My Passport, My cloud, My Book home drives. It helps in securing a drive with a password. Also, it keeps all other WD applications up-to date and helps you to know about the software provide by the WD partners.
- You can register your devices in the WD discovery application to receive timely updates regarding the latest upgrade for the application, and this helps in managing my cloud home devices.
- It helps in simplifying complex tasks such as securing the drive with a password and managing the settings for a particular drive.
- The WD Discovery application works with the WD services mentioned below.
- You can make use of the applications given above to enhance the performance of your WD device.
- You can download the WD Discovery app from the official website of WD.
- When you search WD’s support page on a web browser and click on the topmost link, the page will be redirected to the WD support page.
- Click the download button for the Discovery application and continue with the download.
- The file will be downloaded to the Downloads folder in your computer.
- The supported operating systems for the app are as follows:
- Now, locate and double-click the downloaded WD Discovery file.
- When the installation wizard is launched, click the Next button.
- Enable the checkbox to accept the license agreement on the next page, then click the install button. Finally, on the installation completed screen, click the Finish button.
- If the Launch WD Discovery checkbox was enabled, then the WD Discovery app will be launched on your computer.