Before you start with the data recovery process, please connect your WD Elements drive to your computer.
- First, from your main window, choose This PC icon.
- Next, select the target partition on your WD Elements drive and click the Scan button to detect the deleted or lost files/folders.
- Check all the required files during the scanning process or at the end of the process. Then, click the Save button to create a new storage space for those files.
Now, to recover data from a lost partition on your WD Elements drive, follow these instructions:
- Launch the data recovery software on your computer.
- From your main interface, click the Removable Disk Drive option.
- Choose the WD Elements drive and then click on the Scan button to check the partitions and the files in them.
- Now, the scan results will be displayed.
- From these scan results, check all the files that you wish to retrieve.
- Finally, recover the desired files by clicking the Save button and then setting a storage path.
We have now seen the WD elements 1TB data recovery methods.