If your Wd my passport hard drive won’t open on laptop, it could be due to one of the following.
- Problem with the USB port/cable
- The drive letter isn't assigned
- Bad sectors make the WD drive unreadable
Now, let’s see the solutions to fix the WD My Passport hard drive that isn’t opening on your laptop.
Check For Usb Issues:
This could be one of the primary reasons for the drive to be not open on your laptop. Make use of the following steps.
- Remove the USB cable from your laptop and the hard drive.
- Check if the cable is damaged. If yes, replace it with a new compatible USB cable.
- Connect the WD My Passport drive to the laptop.
- Still, if the drive doesn’t open, connect it to another USB port on the laptop.
- Try to connect the drive to any other laptop or desktop and see if you are able to open the drive.
- If the drive opens on the other device, then the fault is with your laptop. Else, the drive is the one with the issue.