Webroot Antivirus For Mac
One of the reliable antivirus software for a Mac computer is Webroot SecureAnywhere. It protects you from identity theft. Below are the simple instructions to install the Webroot SecureAnywhere program on Mac OS X 10.7.
Download the Webroot SecureAnywhere program from the official Webroot website.
- Step 1:The downloaded will be saved in the computer’s Downloads folder by default.
- Step 2:Navigate to the Downloads folder and double-click the ‘wsamac.dmg’ file to open the installer.
Click and drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere icon into the Applications folder.
- Step 1:Launch the Applications folder on your Mac computer.
- Step 2:Double-click the Webroot icon.
- Step 1:Once the installation wizard starts, choose your preferred language from the ‘Please select a language’ drop-down menu.
- Step 2:Note: After installing the Webroot SecureAnywhere program, you cannot change the language. If you want to change it in the future, you have to uninstall and re-install the Webroot program.
- Step 1:When you see the Installation window, type your activation code in the ‘Enter your 20 character keycode’ field.
- Step 2:Note: If you have purchased the Webroot product online, you will receive an email message from Webroot that contains the activation code. If you have purchased it in a store, you can see the activation code in the retail box.
- Step 3:Click the Agree and Install button.
- Step 1:If you want to receive emails from Webroot, provide your email address and click Continue.
- Step 2:If you do not want to get any updates related to product protection, click the Cancel button in the Register Now window.
If prompted for your Mac administrator password, enter it and click the OK button.
- Step 1:To create a Webroot account, click the Create Account button. Provide the necessary information and click the Register Now option.
- Step 2:Note: To use the Password Manager feature, you should create the Webroot account.
- Step 3:If you want to create the account later, click the Skip button in the ‘Create Online Account’ window.
- Step 1:Click Install Safari Extension -> Install.
- Step 2:Once done with installing the extensions, click Scan Now.
- Step 3:Wait until the Scan Complete window opens.
- Step 4:Click the Close option.
- Step 5:That’s it, the Webroot SecureAnywhere program will scan your Mac and check for viruses and other threats constantly.