Fixed: Western Digital My Passport X 2TB Keeps Disconnecting
If the Western Digital My Passport 2TB hard drive keeps disconnecting, follow these guidelines to fix it.
- Click the Battery icon on your laptop computer and then choose the Power Options option from the menu.
- Click the Change button located beside the Power Plan option (either Recommended or Power Saver) and then click ‘Change Advanced Power options.)
- Click the + button beside the Hard Disk option and then click ‘Turn off hard disk after.’
- Change the ‘On battery’ and ‘Plugged in’ durations to Never.
- Click the + button beside USB settings and then click ‘USB selective suspend setting.’ Set the ‘On Battery’ and ‘Plugged in’ suspend options to ‘Disabled.’ Click Apply.
- If you update the computer’s drivers recently, and the WD My Passport disconnection issue was non-existent before the update, here is what you need to do.
- Type ‘Device Manager’ on the Start menu’s text field and press Enter. Click Continue Enter the administrator password Click Continue.
- Choose the Bluetooth device and then right-click the driver Click Properties.
- Now,click the Action button Scan for hardware changes Restart the computer
- When the computer restarts, the generic Bluetooth driver is installed. In some cases, this driver uninstall & reinstall procedure resolves the WD hard drive disconnection issue.
- Select the Driver tab Click the Driver tab Click Uninstall OK.
- Now, click the Action button Scan for hardware changes Restart the computer.
- When the computer restarts, the generic Bluetooth driver is installed. In some cases, this driver uninstall & reinstall procedure resolves the WD My Passport X 2TB setup disconnection issue.